Do You have Syndrome X? Take thisSurvey.
Syndrome X or Metabolic Syndrome affects roughly 25% of allAmericans or 77 million people living in the U.S.! Over 500,000 4 year olds arenow considered obese. In the U.S. 6 out of 10 of us are obese and in 15 yearsif we keep on with our lifestyle it will be 8 out of 10. We are presently inthe midst of the largest epidemic ever to face mankind.
Syndrome X is a name for a group of risk factors that occur
together and increase the risk for coronary artery disease, stroke,
and type 2 diabetes.
Please take our survey below and hand in to the front deskfor more information.
Please circle belowsymptoms if they apply:
1. Are you fatigued after meals?
2. Do you feel like you have no energy? Are yougenerally fatigued?
3. Are youconstantly hungry?
4. Do you crave sweets and is that craving notrelieved by eating them?
5. Must you eat sweets right after your meal?
6. Is your waist, for a man larger than 40 ins. Ora woman greater than 34?
7. Do you suffer from frequent urination?
8. Do you have an increased appetite and thirst ingeneral?
9. Do you have difficulty losing weight, no matterwhat?
10. Do you have migrating aches and pains?
If you circled 3 out of the 10 above you may have or be onyour way to having Syndrome X.
Also, if you have 2 of the below you have Syndrome X:
1. Central Obesity- visceral fat around the waist.
2. High Blood Pressure- >130/85
3. High Blood Sugar- >110mg/dl fasting
4. High Total Cholesterol >230
withHDL below 40 in a man and below 50 in awoman
with LDL above 130
and with Triglycerides above 150.
The cost to one's quality of life and finances increasesdrastically with Syndrome X. Diseasessuch as diabetes, cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, musculo-skeletal,gastro-intestinal disease and certain cancers all stem from Syndrome X andObesity.
There is an answer!!! Did you know that changing your diet can free you from Syndrome X andthe multiple medications that you need to take for this affliction? If theabove applies to you or a loved one, hand in this survey at the front desk and signup for our next Free Diet/Nutrition Workshop.